DBus-Problem

sandeep sandeep.gopisetty at igate.com
Tue Apr 9 21:27:49 PDT 2013

Hi,
My name is sandeep,currently i am working in adding bluetooth support in
ARM board.I inserted the drivers:rfcomm,btusb,bnep,bluetooth.
I cross compiled bluez-utils and all the other required utilitie.
when i am starting hcid it is giving unable to get on DBus
root@(none):/data/bluetooth/dbus/bin# hcid -n
hcid[605]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[605]: Unable to get on D-Bus

So i came to know that i have to launch dbus.I am using dbus-1.6.8 version
Following are the outputs of varioys commands
dbus-launch
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/tmp/dbus-
rNfAdnokq0,guid=db0383402b883abe589c9e26000005f7
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=611
root@(none):/data/bluetooth/dbus/bin# dbus-uuidgen
9a4bd04bd3d7991a146d51f3000005fd

dbus-daemon --config-file=/data/bluetooth/dbus/etc/dbus-1/system.conf

Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for
username "messagebus"

Then i created UID and GID for messagebus
 groupadd -g 101 messagebus
 useradd -u 101 messagebus

Even then also i am getting the same error
dbus-daemon --config-file=/data/bluetooth/dbus/etc/dbus-1/system.conf

Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for
username "messagebus"

Please help me what to do,i need help.Now i am in full trouble.

Please Please help me and give me suggestions as early as possible.

Thanks in advance