Cannot own bus name on OSX

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:37:45 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Dominique Bureau <dbureau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which looks fine as far as I can tell. But when I try to connect to the bus to own a name, something that used to work in plain Ubuntu doesn't on OSX. I'm using the code from the Gdbus example:12 "Simple application owning a name".
>
> Attempting to connect like this:
> owner_id = g_bus_own_name (G_BUS_TYPE_SESSION,
>                                "org.something.Test",
>                                G_BUS_NAME_OWNER_FLAGS_NONE,
>                                on_bus_acquired,
>                                on_name_acquired,
>                                on_name_lost,
>                                NULL,
>                                NULL);
>
> Will get the on_name_lost function to be called right away with a NULL connection.
>
> Any idea where I should start looking?

This is probably because no-one added proper OS X support support to
GDBus yet. The place to add this is here

 https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/gio/gdbusaddress.c#n1429

You should file the patch - or at least a bug requesting this to be
fixed - in the GNOME bugzilla, product 'glib', component 'gdbus':

 https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=glib&component=gdbus

    David