dbus-daemon Dan

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed Aug 21 13:50:03 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 02:37:21PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Please feel free to point me to a link where this is all explained....
>
> We recently upgraded several systems from FC17 to FC19, and now, in the
> log, we see on all of them
> dbus-daemon[pid]: Dan
>
> and it's driving us crazy. Googling, I found one poster somewhere who, in
> the clip of their logfile, showed the same, so it's not just us....

I saw someone on IRC mention this message the other day, blaming
me for it :-P IIRC, they found that setting SELinux permissive
made it go away, but I don't recall if they ever tracked down
what the root cause was & of course setting permissive mode is not
recommended from a security POV.

Regards,
Daniel