Starting the kdbus discussions

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Sun Dec 29 21:12:29 PST 2013

Frankly, I think you're being a bit confusing in this conversation.  I
see your proposed architecture like this:

       +-----------+-               +-----------------+-
+------------+-
       +AHw          +AHw  systemd-bus  +AHw  systemd       +AHw  dbus  +AHw
+AHw
       +AHw  Kernel  +AHwAKw--------------+AD4AfA  compatibility +AHwAKw-------+AD4AfA  Service
+AHw
       +AHw          +AHw               +AHw  daemon        +AHw        +AHw
+AHw

You point to the second arrow and go +ACI-100+ACU compatible+ACI and to the first
arrow and say +ACI-no worries, GDBus fixes all your problems here.+ACI  But
they're different discussions and you're convoluting them.