dbus getting Originator ID in C

Richard tuxbox.guru at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:29:04 PST 2013

Hi All,

Pardon the intrusion but I am on the quest for some information as I
am stuck. I tried searching but I am at a loss what to search for, but
here goes.

I am implementing a dbus based client and server and would like to
know how to get the common name of sender of the message.

Client                          Server
dvb.ingres.client --->     dvb.settings.server

I can receive all the messages at the server but would like to know
WHO sent the message.   _get_sender() returns a chaging number,
get_server_id returns a large number that I dont know where it comes
from.

Is there a way to get the human readable name of the message
originator? (who the client is)

Any help would be kindly appreciated.
Richard