unique names

Ernast Sevo ersevs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 08:25:22 PDT 2013

Hello!

I am registering a service with dbus and am trying to assign it a
unique name. I have used dbus_bus_set_unique_name
to set the name and then have confirmed that it does actually get set
to the name by calling dbus_bus_get_unique_name.
However I am using d-feet to debug this and I still see the service
show up as ":1.xx" and when I try to send something
to that service using the name I set I get an
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown error. Do I need to do
something
else in order to get this service to respond to the service name I set
and not the automatically assigned name?

Thanks for the help,

Ernast