Questions ad using GDBus instead of libdbus (Re: Fwd: Re: Race condition in send_with_reply_and_block()

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 10:24:45 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM, rony <rony at wu.ac.at> wrote:
>> The same as GLib.
>>
>> I would talk to the people who use GTK+ (say, the Gimp developers) on
>> Win32/OSX for packaging / precompiled libs / binaries. For the
>> non-Linux Unices, things should just work.
> So there is a need to carry along the gtk+ runtime library on all systems then.

No, GLib does not depend on GTK+, it's the other way around - in
particular, you do not need GTK+ just because you want to use GLib.
The point I was trying to make was that a number of people have gotten
GTK+ to work on the platforms you mention. Since GTK+ depends on GLib
this means that they also got GLib to work on said platforms. Hence,
see what they're doing and take the GLib parts only, in particular you
may be able to extract the GLib binaries and libraries these people
have produced.

    David