What about ability to specify a way of service/application activation by dbus?

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 02:39:29 PST 2013

On 05/03/13 08:16, Nikita Zlobin wrote:
> In d-feet
> org.freedesktop.DBus is not listed at all for neither session nor
> system busses.

This is a d-feet bug (or feature request) - it doesn't include
org.freedesktop.DBus in the list, apparently deliberately.

o.f.DBus is a bit of an odd special case (it's provided by the
dbus-daemon itself and various normal methods like
GetConnectionUnixProcessID don't work on it), so I can understand why
d-feet doesn't support it.

> In qdbusviewer i can browse its tree, but on attempt
> to activate it, unlike other functions of same service it gives error
> "Unable to find method", verbose: "Unable to find method
> UpdateActivationEnvironment on path / in interface
> org.freedesktop.DBus".

The dbus-daemon's methods are all at "/org/freedesktop/DBus" - use that
instead of "/". It appears the introspection information used by
qdbusviewer is misleading (which is a dbus-daemon bug, I think).