Setting up D-Bus library for the machine-id uuid file

Bogdan Lotko boguslaw.lotko at chello.at
Wed Mar 6 01:29:45 PST 2013

Hello,

Attempting to start the application linked with the D-Bus Library I get the
 >>D-Dus library appears to be incorrectly set up, failed to read
machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id"<<
message.

The library expects the "/etc/machine-id" file, whereas on SLES11 the
file path is "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id"
("brutal force" link helps :), but it'd prefer the proper solution )

I am using the D-Bus 1.4.20 library compiled on SLES11.

My question is how to configure the D-Bus library for this case. I
couldn't found an according statement in configure script.

thank you for your help,

with best regards

bogdan