Using QtDBus with custom dispatching ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 11 18:12:27 PDT 2013

On segunda-feira, 11 de março de 2013 19.40.35, Jacques Guillou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use the classes of QtDBus without using the standard
> dispatching mechanism based on objects' metadata.
> Basically, when my application receives a DBUS message, I would need to
> somehow get a reference to the corresponding QDBusMessage object, and
> process that message by myself.

Use QDBusVirtualObject. Unfortunately, I forgot to mark the documentation
public for 5.0. It's there though.

I've just submitted a change to make it public in 5.1. See
https://codereview.qt-project.org/50647

> Is there a way to do that ? Having a look at the code (Qt 4.8), it does not
> look like this is feasible, since the QDBusMessage object reference seems
> to be only visible from the QDBusConnectionPrivate class, but I may have
> overseen something.
> Any idea ?

Preferably, upgrade to 5.0.

The class does exist in 4.8 and is in a public header, but I don't remember if
it had any outstanding bugs.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358