[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] libsystemd-bus + kdbus plans

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Mon Mar 25 12:14:09 PDT 2013

On Mon, 25.03.13 18:51, Ralf Habacker (ralf.habacker at freenet.de) wrote:

> Am 25.03.2013 16:07, schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> >f) Flag day, switch over the session/user bus to kdbus too. dbus-daemon
> >    is not used anymore now.
> which means that on windows there is some replacement for the
> dbus-daemon required.

No. Not at all. You are quoting from a mail that is about our dbus plans
in systemd, nothing else. It does not apply to Windows or BSD or
anything else.

The entire discussion about kdbus is entirely irrelevant for anything
but Linux systems with systemd. It doesn't apply to Ubuntu, it doesn't
apply to Solaris, it doesn't apply to Windows, and it doesn't apply to
MacOS X.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.