C++ Bindings

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon May 13 15:33:21 PDT 2013

On segunda-feira, 13 de maio de 2013 22.48.38, Dmitry wrote:
> >What non-standard types?
>
> For example struct, you need to register each new struct in Qt.
> BTW, for each a{sv} or similar complex type you need to provide <annotation
> tag, dbus-c++ is superior in that cases.

Can you explain how? I've never played with dbus-c++, so I don't know how it
works.

I've designed QtDBus such that you can pass any type you want, but you need to
teach it how to pass them. And aside from property-getting, the annotation is
not required at runtime. It's only required for code generation.

> But QtDbus is much stable and I didn't find any memory leaks versus dbus-c++

Thanks!

> >And what do you mean by unicast signals? About sending signals to a single
> >destination?
>
> yes

Probably a missing feature. It was only recently that we agreed that this was
an actual feature in D-Bus, not a misfeature. I haven't implemented it yet.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358