Building dbus java

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Wed May 22 15:17:44 PDT 2013

On Tue May 21 09:30, Nick wrote:
> I'm looking for some help making and getting started with the java dbus
> package. I downloaded "dbus-java-2.7" from
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings/.
>
> When I run make I get 100 errors similar to this:
>
> missing type arguments for generic class Class<T>
>   where T is a type-variable:
>     T extends Object declared in class Class
> org/freedesktop/dbus/AbstractConnection.java:875: warning: [rawtypes] found
> raw type: CallbackHandler
>          CallbackHandler cbh = null;

This looks like a warning, not an error? It's possibly I have warnings as
errors enabled and turning that off in the makefile will fix this

> I'm using java 1.7 running on arch linux. It would be good to get some
> clues about how to debug this problem.

I haven't tested it with 1.7, I'll admit. Just a quick look at the code
suggests that maybe this should be CallbackHandler<? extends Object> on that
line. You could try changing that. I guess 1.7 is being more strict about these
things.

Matt