dbus 1.6.14 cross-compilation : installation problem on the target

Brosseau, Vincent vincent.brosseau at bruker.fr
Tue Sep 17 00:30:38 PDT 2013

Hi Yang,

It works !

Thank you very much for your help :-)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Yang Chengwei [mailto:chengwei.yang at intel.com]
Envoyé : mardi 17 septembre 2013 06:38
À : Brosseau, Vincent
Cc : dbus at lists.freedesktop.org
Objet : Re: dbus 1.6.14 cross-compilation : installation problem on the target

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 03:13:34PM +0000, Brosseau, Vincent wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I managed to build and install dbus with the following commands on my
> linux PC
> (Ubuntu):
>

> ./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf
> --prefix=/home/vincent/target/rootfs
> --with-x=no
>
> make install
>

> All is installed in the /home/vincent/target/rootfs as expected. This
> directory is the file system (ARM platform) for my target.
>

> But when I run dbus-launch on the target, I’ve got an unexpected error :
>

> target ~> dbus-launch
>
> Failed to execute message bus daemon /home/vincent/target/rootfs/bin/
> dbus-daemon: No such file or directory.  Will try again without full path.

This is a fatal error, it will try dbus-daemon in $PATH as below.

> Failed to start message bus: Failed to open
> "/home/vincent/target/rootfs/etc/
> dbus-1/session.conf": No such file or directory

So dbus-daemon found in $PATH but fail to start due to the above error.

> EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
>

> So, how can I configure/build dbus with
> “installation-directory-when-building=/
> home/vincent/target/rootfs” BUT with
> “installation-directory-on-the-target=/usr
> /bin” ?

Please use DESTDIR variable, for example.

$ ./autogen.sh
$ make DESTDIR=/home/vincent/target/rootfs install

the default prefix is "/usr/local", you can overwrite it by specify "--prefix=" like below

$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=
$ make DESTDIR=/home/vincent/target/rootfs install

For details about DESTDIR, please check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html

--
Thanks,