How to debug failed service activation?

Jon Watte jwatte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:20:40 PDT 2014

Thanks for the assurance of zoeticity!

Now, as for the question:
In activation-helper.c, function switch_user, there are four cases
where the function may fail.
They all fail with the same error code, but each of them has a
separate extra error information string.
How can I see which specific error information string was used to
generate the error I'm seeing when attempting dbus activation of my
service?
I presume there's a dbus activation server (perhaps this is the
message bus daemon itself.) Is there a standard way to increase
verbosity of logging of this, perhaps?

Sincerely,

jw

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." --
Thomas Jefferson