max connections per control group (cgroup)

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Aug 7 16:02:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014, at 09:32 AM, Alban Crequy wrote:

> Should it instead consider the following path?
> /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user at 1000.service

I think one up from that even - user at 1000.service is the systemd --user,
which is only one process among many of the login slice.

Stated another way, we want to limit per user-<X>.slice.

>   /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user at 1000.service
> belong to the user with -rw-r--r-- so any user process can migrate
> there.

Right, but not outside beyond that - if they log in multiple times,
there'll still be only one slice for them - so we really do get a
maximum number of connections per *user*.