Presenting User Session Work (was: Starting the kdbus discussions)

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Sat Jan 4 10:39:49 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-04 at 00:31 +-0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:

+AD4 This is what we are trying to make work for the general Linux landscape
+AD4 under the +ACI-Portals+ACI name, as discussed at last GUADEC.
+AD4
+AD4 (Instead of doing your own proprietary Canonical thing regarding
+AD4 sandboxing it might actually be worth talking to people in the Linux
+AD4 world about these things, then you'd know things like this).

While I believe that GNOME doesn't equal +ACI-general Linux landscape,+ACI I
could see how you'd feel differently.

But I do feel like we should be talking about our application
confinement story outside of UDS (where it's been for the last couple of
years).  I submitted a talk to LCA, but it got rejected, which I don't
disagree with because it doesn't quite fit.  But where should it fit?
It seems like we don't have a good user space conference today.  I'd
love to see something like +ACI-FD.o Desktop Summit,+ACI but not as a
replacement for GUADEC and aKademy because that didn't work well for
either of those communities.

Not sure how to solve this problem.  If I asked the folks at Texas Linux
Fest+ALk for a track would people show up?  I'd like to see a place where
ChromeOS, Unity, GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc. folks could present cool stuff
they're doing to each other.

Ted

+ALk http://texaslinuxfest.org/