Starting the kdbus discussions

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 7 12:10:39 PST 2014

On sexta-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2014 12:59:56, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On 30/12/13 21:02, Kay Sievers wrote:
> > That's a link I have. Seems not updated, it's unlikely to work with
> > the current kdbus, a more recent development might happen somewhere
> >
> > else:
> >   https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/dbus.git;a=shortlog;h=
> >refs/heads/kdbus-dev
> If you have contacts/influence among the Samsung people you mentioned
> were doing this, please remind them that until/unless this gets merged
> in dbus.git, it's their fork and they get to keep both pieces; and
> until/unless it's proposed on bugs.freedesktop.org, it isn't going to be
> reviewed, much less merged.

Already done. The info I had from three weeks ago was "there's no point in
trying to upstream if kdbus is a moving target". This now all changes as we're
talking about stabilising and freezing the kernel API.

I'll be bringing them into this discussion soon. I've just got back from
vacation and I'm reading through all emails in this thread.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358