Starting the kdbus discussions

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:28:58 PST 2014

hi Thiago;

On 10 January 2014 22:15, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Do you have any performance benchmarks done already? We're all technical
>> > here and we understand the new architecture improvements are worth it,
>> > but have you measured them?
>>
>> What would you recommend as a "real-world" dbus benchmark to try out?
>
> I'm just wondering if you've done this exercise already. I'm getting the
> question from some people interested in kdbus who are wondering what the
> benefit is. I was looking for a starting point.

Lennart's talk at LCA, I think, provides a good starting point on the
motivations and benefits, and has been made available today:

  http://mirror.linux.org.au/pub/linux.conf.au/2014/Friday/104-D-Bus_in_the_kernel_-_Lennart_Poettering.mp4

incidentally, it also answers the question "are there benchmarks". :-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name