dbus & preempt-rt compatibility patch

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 09:37:53 PDT 2014

On 10/03/14 15:01, VITIELLO Fabien wrote:
> Do you think AF_BUS could be able to support hard real time ?
>
> http://www.ohloh.net/p/af_bus

I don't think AF_BUS is any more likely to support hard realtime than
kdbus, and it's never going to be merged in upstream Linux (it was
specifically rejected by the networking maintainers), which means it's
probably never going to be merged in dbus either.

> I’m also looking for real time behaviour in kdbus but it’s hard to have
> information in this topic. Do you know how to have best answers
> concerning real time with kdbus ?

"Wait for it to reach a ready-for-review state", I suspect.