dbus & preempt-rt compatibility patch

Zzz Rrr climbforfreedom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:07:31 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am working on the same project as Fabien Vitiello.

I would like to have more informations about how incoming messages are
processed by DBus daemon. I would like to confirm whether DBus daemon
handles messages in the same order as it receives or if DBus handles these
messages in out of order way.

Take an example, we have 3 processes A, B, and C. A sends messages A1, A2,
A3 (in this order), B sends B1, B2 (in this order) and C sends C1.

We know there are several possibilities concerning incomming messages
order. Consider that DBus receives messages in this order :
A1,A2,B1,A3,C1,B2.

In your opinion, what is the order that DBus handles messages ? Is it
A1,A2,B1,A3,C1,B2
?

Best regards,

ZRA