Necessity to provide support for SCM_CREDENTIALS
m.malicki2 at samsung.com
Wed Nov 5 05:14:55 PST 2014
I am working with dbus-daemon launched in container (enabled user
Client library (outside user namespace) isn't able to connect to dbus
with EXTERNAL authentication mechanism. Dbus-daemon doesn't support for
This fact is written directly in source code:
/* Supported by at least Linux and OpenBSD, with minor differences.
* This mechanism passes the process ID through and does not require
* the peer's cooperation, so we prefer it over all others. Notably,
* Linux also supports SCM_CREDENTIALS, which is similar to FreeBSD
* SCM_CREDS; it's implemented in GIO, but we don't use it in dbus
* because this is much less fragile.
Why it isn't implemented?
If there is green light to implement support for SCM_CREDENTIALS?
More information about the dbus