Compatibility between D-Bus and kdbus

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 08:16:56 PDT 2014

Thanks, this increases my confidence that heavier D-Bus users like
Tracker can avoid use kdbus without breakage.

On 23/10/14 14:26, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> I don't consider Resources1's Query D-Bus method to be official
> public API and chances are relatively big that we will remove it
> some day and/or only enable it when tracker-store gets started with
> --debug.

Because this is a unicast method reply, not a broadcast signal, the 2
MiB limit to kdbus broadcasts is not relevant here in any case.

> We just have to hunt github with searches to check if really nobody
> is using it in production. Before my previous hunt the nemomobile
> group still was, for example, for their Gallery application on the
> Jolla.

For what it's worth,
http://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=Resources1\b suggests that
nothing in Debian uses it, which seems likely to be strongly
correlated with nothing at all using it. (There are some false
positive hits, mostly Mono-related, but nothing that looks like it's
communicating with Tracker.)