Argument appended DBus reply gets blocked by system bus

Prasad Bhat prasad22bhat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 06:54:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am working on  a protocol, with requires communication through DBus
between protocol stack and another application. The protocol stack connects
to system bus.
The DBus message is always received at the protocol stack and reply without
any arguments works fine.

However when I try to send reply with arguments appended using
dbus_message_append_args_valist, the message send is successful, but its
not received at the other end. it seems it is blocked in the system bus.

I have added this interface to the policy file as: <allow
send_interface="org.---.---"/>
Do I need to add anything else in the policy configuration file?

I tried using dbus-monitor to debug the issue, but it is not capturing the
reply messages.

If anyone has any clue how to resolve this, please suggest me, any
suggestion how to debug this further will be greatly helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad