Announcing D-Bus 1.10.0 (new stable branch)

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Aug 26 04:05:00 PDT 2015

On 26/08/15 07:33, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 August 2015 19:56:49 Simon McVittie wrote:
>> The “0x20” release.
>
> Shouldn't it be 0xC release? 1100...

You might be reading too much significance into the release name; the
naming scheme I've been using (carried over from Telepathy, which I used
to work on) is "some sort of in-joke relevant to whoever does the
release". I'll be surprised if anyone guesses why 0x20, but there *is* a
reason (which has nothing to do with D-Bus).

1.10rc1 is named after a track on the Iron Maiden album I'd been
listening to, and the previous couple of releases are game references.
Any relevance to the actual release is entirely coincidental, except for
when it isn't :-)

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>