How are stopped apps handled

Alberto Mardegan alberto.mardegan at canonical.com
Wed Feb 11 06:19:07 PST 2015

On 02/05/2015 07:06 PM, Simon McVittie wrote:
> If you think this behaviour is unacceptable, properly-researched
> solutions are welcome. For Linux, the long-term solution is probably kdbus.

Hi Simon, and thanks for your thorough reply. I've also read the thread
in bugzilla, and I think that the current behaviour is quite acceptable.
My worry was that the messages could end up transmitted only in part
(that is, not end on a message boundary but being abruptly truncated
depending on the page size) in such a way that could cause the crash of
a client or of the dbus daemon itself. But FWIU this is not the case.

Ciao,
  Alberto