Skype and DBus: should my client library act as a server?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 18 13:40:11 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 18 March 2015 20:33:57 Simon McVittie wrote:
> A lot of the pain you have to go through when using libdbus is because
> it bends over backwards to avoid depending on any particular event-loop
> implementation (GLib, Qt, libevent, etc.) - GDBus can be much simpler
> because its asynchronous API is "use the GMainContext abstraction that
> GLib already has".

I will probably switch QtDBus to that model by Qt 5.5. The patches have been
sent and are working.

The reasosn for that? It's that despite years of effort, we still find threading
mistakes. We found one as recently as three weeks ago.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358