eavesdrop in dbus policy

Aubert Malek (MM) malek.aubert at external.magnetimarelli.com
Wed Mar 25 02:33:25 PDT 2015

>><policy user="logging"><allow eavesdrop="true"/> means the (dbus-monitor that was run by) the "logging" user may receive any message from anywhere, even if it is considered to be eavesdropping (the message is not a broadcast and is intended for someone else).
Isn't that what we want? We need to make monitor application see everything on DBus.

Why do I get all the messages, with this policy, on session Dbus and not on system Dbus. What is blocking on system Dbus?
Sorry for insisting but we have 1.6.8 version of Dbus (so, no Become Monitor solution especially that we need to avoid more CPU load consumption) and I need to find a way to make it work.
Thanks again for your cooperation.
M.