Clarification on ObjectManager GetManagedObjects & InterfacesRemoved

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 30 19:53:43 PDT 2015

On Monday 30 March 2015 18:29:31 Tony Asleson wrote:
> I get one interface: org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block from GetManagedObjects
>
> However, this object actually implements the following interfaces
> according to the introspection data:
>
> org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable
>

> Why doesn't the return data from GetManagedObjects include the
> interfaces: Properties, Peer and Introspectable with an empty dict?

I'm guessing it's a bug.

Though it's also unnecessary... The Peer interface always exists, so there's
no value in listing it. The Introspectable and Properties interfaces are only
useful if you're going to call it and you'd get the same values as you're
otherwise getting with GetManagedObjects.

> Additionally, if this object hypothetically did a signal for:
> InterfacesRemoved and the object went totally away, which one would be
> correct:
>
> 1. /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/dm_2d0,
> [org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block]
>
> 2. /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/dm_2d0,
> [org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block, org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties,
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer, org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable]

The one that matches the return value from GetManagedObjects.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358