Ubuntu12.04 with dbus installed can not restart

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri May 22 11:03:59 PDT 2015

On Friday 22 May 2015 06:55:41 Licongjuan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of my project needs to call dbus c code, so I installed dbus-1.9.4
> source code on the ubuntu12.04 server. After the installing, I restarted
> the server but could not get the login portal,  just saw a black screen.
> Does anyone have solution for it?

Hello Jane

You must have somehow damaged your installation. My guess is that your new
build of D-Bus failed to enable Upstart support or something, which is making
it impossible to launch services.

You need to recover your system using the distribution's recovery and repair
mechanisms. That is out of scope for the D-Bus mailing list, please seek help
from the Ubuntu community.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358