Synchronous method in asynchronous signal callback

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed May 27 07:29:52 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 27 May 2015 10:12:40 Havoc Pennington wrote:
> GLib's "do not handle OOM" policy is correct for the 99% case. Many
> who believe they should be handling OOM are probably wrong. And of
> those who should be, many are probably making a token effort that's
> broken in practice.

You should have seen the reaction in the C++ committee discussion mailing list
when we said that handling OOM was pointless... (in moderately complex
applications running on modern operating systems, I didn't generalise).
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358