Question about connections

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Thu Oct 15 18:08:11 PDT 2015

After reading the spec, and looking at the API docs, I'm still a bit confused about the most basic task of connecting two apps.

I have two apps that I want to talk to each other. In the past, I've successfully connected them via dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SESSION, &err), on Debian and OS X.

But in practice, only these two apps will ever talk to each other. Can I make that connection without dbus-daemon running? If so, what's the right set of calls to get the DBusConnection object on each side? Thanks.

--
Rick Mann
rmann at latencyzero.com