[Patch] Auto-Close dbus-daemon when unused

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 04:13:35 PDT 2015

On Thursday September 24 2015 12:46:55 Leon Winter wrote:

Hi,

> > I always assumed that the daemon was somehow tied to an X11 socket, and would quit when that socket was closed because the user logged off.
>
> Applications requiring dbus will use its autolaunch feature.

If I understand correctly, Qt at least provides an autolaunch feature that links the daemon to the X11 socket used, in case you're starting an app requiring dbus over say a remote ssh session.

> However a typical desktop would poweroff/reboot and terminate the process this way.

Eh? Typical desktops I know (that aren't MSWin < XP) will just go back to the login manager (or the vty/console, for startx adepts), unless the session crashes so hard you're only left with the option to power-cycle.

R.