Performance metrics?

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:10:56 PDT 2015

Hi.

I was wondering if dbus-daemon had any kind of built-in performance
monitoring support, or if there were any external projects that would
do such a thing. I'm interested in measuring things like messages per
second, average message size, average data transferred, min/max round
trip time per-interface etc. The idea would be to use that to optimize
dbus services and their usage.

A few google searches haven't turned anything up. I'm aware of bustle,
a great tool for dbus performance optimization, but something that
might be used after identifying an offending service or usage pattern
through some lower level aggregate metrics.

Thoughts?

Chris