dbus.service does not recover dbus-daemon after spurious SIGTERM

Zizka, Jan (Nokia - CZ/Prague) jan.zizka at nokia.com
Mon Apr 11 21:55:54 UTC 2016

I definately agree with all these points. I forgot to mention that system I'm working on
is 5 9s and didn't realize that for general-purpose computers this would do more harm
then good.

> If you are developing an embedded or special-purpose device where system
> dbus-daemon failure makes the device useless, and your device is
> designed to cope well with unexpected reboots, then by all means add
> this to a vendor drop-in configuration file, perhaps
> /usr/lib/systemd/dbus.service.d/reboot-on-failure.conf. Drop-in
> configuration files are great for this sort of thing; I've used them for
> similar purposes on embedded OSs myself.

This is great idea, I have totally missed the drop-in config overriding in systemd.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Jan Zizka