C++1y DBus Binding

Martin Häfner martinhaefner at web.de
Sat Apr 16 09:29:43 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am currently experimenting with a C++ DBus binding using the generative
features of the C++ language in order to achieve the implemenation of
clients and servers without the need of a code generation toolchain on a
very high abstraction layer. I started the project some time ago when I was
working on GENIVI CommonAPI bindings where installing the Eclipse-based
generator toolchain was much more troublesome than writing the business
code of my application.

I called the library simppl. The name fits in two ways:

 * simplicity of the proxy/stub definition and generation process
 * simplifying the enduser API of DBus

Of course, for achieving the latter I currently dropped some of the
features of DBus and assume some simplifications of e.g. how interfaces are
mapped to bus names and object paths. Also, property mappings are not yet
fully DBus compliant since their notifications are not handled via the
Properties interface but the hosting interface itself (as for signals).

So, if you're interested just have a look on the README in my github depot
or watch out for the tests and examples.

   https://github.com/martinhaefner/simppl/tree/dbus

Regards,
Martin