DBus XML Documentation Parser

Gary Partis gary at partis.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 13:38:49 UTC 2016

Hi all

I am annotating my XML dbus definition files and have many
methods/properties/signals using the same parameter names (for example
"outputstate"). Instead of copy-n-pasting every instance of the
descriptive text for a method parameter, I would like to use some form
of macro/substitution system.

I have seen some more generic examples of this on the web for XML; but
nothing specifically for dbus definitions. Indeed, the examples I have
tried do not appear to work.

Does the gdbus-codegen application understand any particular form of
macro/substitution?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary