DBus interface question

Jay Lee leejiyeon.jay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:19:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am working on a service that will be  running on dbus. One of the
features that the service is provide is dynamically changing object
interface paths as the service watches peers it maintains. What the peer
means here is just an object that the service keeps track of in the
business logic.  For example, if one peer is added we want an object
interface to be added for the peer. Or, if a peer is deleted, then the path
of the interface is removed from the service. Under the interface path, it
also shows corresponding method, signal and properties. Can we dynamically
change (create/delete) object paths on the fly? I am not sure if it's
durable as I cannot find an example in NetWorkManager or systemd source
code. If anyone knows, please let me know where I can take a look.

Thank you
Jay