DBusWatch function, DBusTimeout functions Why these functions is needed ?

Денис Котов redradist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 08:40:49 UTC 2016

Okay, you mean DBus uses user's callbacks like a platform specific API for
creating a platform specific timer (QTimer, linux timer and etc.) and DBus
deals only with abstract number that in fact is timeout in milliseconds.

In this case I need only create Timer, check when this timer expired and
then make dbus_timeout_handle() to say DBus that Timer has expired, am I
right ?

And should I restart timer after it expired and start again or I should
remove this timer from list ?

But in this case when DBus request to add watcher for me it seems like
workaround, because with DBus know how to work with this platform specific
file descriptor, but anyway it asks us to say when it will be handled (for
me it seems strange).