DBus on "other" platforms

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:20:02 UTC 2016

On Thursday May 12 2016 12:37:49 Ralf Habacker wrote:

> > https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/dbus/files
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/dbus/files/patch-bus-system.conf.in.diff
> -> This patch is obsolate

Good to know - even with the DBus version currently in MacPorts?

> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/dbus/files/patch-configure.diff
> -> This patch is not in dbus source

No, it patches the way things are built. If you mean "this patch isn't upstreamed" then evidently, no it isn't, that's why I point out its existence :)
It's just not clear to me what it's supposed to change w.r.t. the default build. Based on the trac ticket (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47741#comment:12) mentioned in the comment in the Portfile, it seems the patch disables EXTERNAL authentication on OS X, but it also sets broken_poll to yes (when cross_compiling), for some reason.

R.