Making the system dbus aware of a "parallel KF5 prefix"

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Sep 16 17:42:29 UTC 2016

On sexta-feira, 16 de setembro de 2016 19:19:54 PDT René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday September 16 2016 09:37:19 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > Why does it work if I put the servicedir (and includedir) entry into
> > > system.conf and not when they're in system-local.conf? The latter file
> > > *is*
> > > read from the former, if it exists.
> >
> > Any file that gets loaded from system.conf works too.
>
> Sadly not with any file with Trusty's DBus version (1.6.18). Maybe someone
> can point me to a good description of the
>
> Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FailedToSetup
> Failed to setup environment correctly

The launch helper does keep more information, but that information never
leaves its process boundaries. It's one of these:

activation-helper.c:      dbus_set_error (error,
DBUS_ERROR_SPAWN_SETUP_FAILED,
activation-helper.c-                      "could not clear environment\n");
--
activation-helper.c:      dbus_set_error (error,
DBUS_ERROR_SPAWN_SETUP_FAILED,
activation-helper.c-                      "cannot find user '%s'\n", user);
--
activation-helper.c:      dbus_set_error (error,
DBUS_ERROR_SPAWN_SETUP_FAILED,
activation-helper.c-                      "could not initialize groups");
--
activation-helper.c:      dbus_set_error (error,
DBUS_ERROR_SPAWN_SETUP_FAILED,
activation-helper.c-                      "cannot setgid group %i", pw-
--
activation-helper.c:      dbus_set_error (error,
DBUS_ERROR_SPAWN_SETUP_FAILED,
activation-helper.c-                      "cannot setuid user %i", pw-
>pw_uid);

All but one of them are in the function switch_user().