dbus-run-session output.

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 00:59:32 UTC 2017

Em sexta-feira, 7 de abril de 2017, às 04:49:37 PDT, Simon Lees escreveu:
> > I'm curious why your users don't already have a D-Bus session bus?
> > In other distributions such as Debian and Fedora, the session bus is
> > automatically started by general OS integration infrastructure:
>
> I am equally curious, I think in this case the user is doing something
> like using i3m and I have no idea how its been launched, gnome, kde and
> enlightenment all launch with a systemd user session and seem to be fine.

We're not.

$ echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus
$ emacs
Activating service name='org.gnome.GConf'
Successfully activated service 'org.gnome.GConf'

> > This seems like something that OS integrators should be providing, rather
> > than something individual users should be wrapping around their emacs
> > processes?
>
> Yeah I agree, atleast in this case its a emacs launch script shipped by
> the distro doing the wrapping so the users aren't seeing it on there own.

It seems the problem is that the session bus launched by whatever the distro
uses did not fill in ~/.dbus/session-bus/$MACHINEID-0.

On my system:
$ cat ~/.dbus/session-bus/`cat /etc/machine-id`-*
# This file allows processes on the machine with id
a6201b12a16264429955cb345721054e using
# display :0 to find the D-Bus session bus with the below address.
# If the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable is set, it will
# be used rather than this file.
# See "man dbus-launch" for more details.
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS='unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus'
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=60268
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_WINDOWID=4194305

But:
$ LC_ALL=C ls -l ~/.dbus/session-bus/
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 tjmaciei users 422 Feb  9 17:44
a6201b12a16264429955cb345721054e-0
$ ps 60268
   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
$ xprop -id 4194305
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  21 (X_ListProperties)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x400001
  Serial number of failed request:  12

This file is stale. So the launcher failed to create the file as needed.