dbus_bus_get_private return NULL but with no error set

prashantkumar dhotre prashantkumardhotre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:55:12 UTC 2017

I dont think any issues is there in my code below:

DBusError error;
dbus_error_init(&error);
conn = dbus_bus_get_private(DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM, &error);
 if (conn == NULL) {
     ERROR("Failed to open connection to system bus\n");
     if (dbus_error_is_set (&error)) {
         ERROR("dbus_bus_get_private() failed with error: %s\n", error.message);
     }
    assert(0);
}