D-Bus service activation and access control

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 1 00:42:47 UTC 2017

On segunda-feira, 31 de julho de 2017 15:00:59 PDT David Sommerseth wrote:
> All that said; OpenVPN 2 will continue to live along side OpenVPN 3 for
> a noticeable time - at least until we have both client and server
> support in OpenVPN 3.  We will _not_ do a hard-drop of OpenVPN 2 any
> time soon.  But once we have a critical mass using OpenVPN 3 client and
> server components, OpenVPN 2 will get a sunset plan.

You'll only get a critical mass of OpenVPN 3 client when the all current
network management tools (not just NetworkManager) have been ported to it. But
for NM, please take into consideration how much you're duplicating of it and
how much new state is required in your implementation to do exactly what v2
did.

As for the server, make sure it runs on an 8 MB flash OpenWRT image that uses
uClibc and no D-Bus (it uses ubus).