Launch e.g. notification-daemon as needed?

Jack Bates qhbis3 at nottheoilrig.com
Thu Aug 17 18:40:22 UTC 2017

I'm not super familiar with the D-Bus architecture -- if someone calls
an interface that requires a daemon, should that daemon get launched as
needed?

Currently if I send a desktop notification and notification-daemon isn't
running, nothing happens ... I'm wondering if I should expect D-Bus to
launch notification-daemon as needed, or if it's normal to have to do
that manually ... (LXDE is still using notification-daemon.)

Thanks!