How to update GSettings from DBus without X display ?

Alex ARNAUD alexarnaud at hypra.fr
Tue Mar 21 10:43:20 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I'm a contributor of the Hypra project, we work to increase
accessibility of free software for all (visual-impaired, senior,
beginner). I'm myself a low-vision people.

I'm trying to update a GSettings user configuration from a Debian
package. In the case where I apply the update without an X session I
always obtain an error from DConf due to inability for its to find an X
display.

Is it possible to update a dconf database from dbus without X? "Do I
miss something?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD