_dbus_shell_parse_argv

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Thu May 25 11:59:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, 25 May 2017 at 17:46:15 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> If you want to handle a shell command line, why
> not use the shell to do it?

Precisely because we *don't* want to handle arbitrary shell command lines.
We want to handle a very small subset of the Unix shell command language,
in a way that is portable to platforms where the shell is not
standards-compliant (ye olde Unix), not a Unix shell (Windows), or
even not present, and has predictable behaviour on all those platforms.