Announcing dbus 1.11.20 (1.12 beta 2)
smcv at collabora.com
Tue Oct 3 09:56:16 UTC 2017
The “wraith stun” release.
1.11.x is a development branch, eading towards a 1.12.x stable branch.
It might gain some minor features before 1.12.0, but significant feature
work is now deferred until 1.13.x.
git tag: dbus-1.11.20
git branch: master
Build-time configuration changes:
• The --enable-abstract-sockets and --disable-abstract-sockets options
no longer exist. Support for Linux's abstract AF_UNIX sockets is now
unconditionally enabled on Linux and disabled everywhere else.
(fd.o #34905, Simon McVittie)
• Make slower tests less likely to time out, and improve diagnostics if
tests do time out (fd.o #103009, Simon McVittie)
• On Windows, don't compile an unused stub implementation of
_dbus_set_signal_handler() (fd.o #103010, Simon McVittie)
• Be more careful to save and restore errno in POSIX async signal
handlers (fd.o #103010, Simon McVittie)
• On Windows, embed a manifest in dbus-update-activation-environment.exe
so that the heuristics used for UAC do not assume it needs elevated
privileges due to its name containing "update"
(fd.o #102558, Ralf Habacker)
• On Windows with Automake, embed version information in libdbus-1,
as was meant to happen in all versions since 2009
(fd.o #103015, Simon McVittie)
More information about the dbus