Announcing D-Bus 1.10.24

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Mon Sep 25 23:45:52 UTC 2017

The “pirate wizard” release.

This is a bugfix release for the current stable branch, 1.10.x. Please
upgrade unless you have a reason to keep using an older branch.

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.10.24.tar.gz
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.10.24.tar.gz.asc
git tag: dbus-1.10.24
git branch: dbus-1.10

Fixes:

• When parsing dbus-daemon configuration, tell Expat not to use
  cryptographic-quality entropy as a salt for its hash tables: we trust
  the configuration files, so we are not concerned about algorithmic
  complexity attacks via hash table collisions. This prevents
  dbus-daemon --system from holding up the boot process (and causing
  early-boot system services like systemd, logind, networkd to time
  out) on entropy-starved embedded systems.
  (fd.o #101858, Simon McVittie)

• Increase listen() backlog of AF_UNIX sockets to the maximum possible,
  minimizing failed connections under heavy load
  (fd.o #95264, Lennart Poettering) (backported from 1.11.4)

• Avoid a -Werror=declaration-after-statement build failure on Solaris
  (fd.o #102145, Alan Coopersmith)

• When using the Monitoring interface, match messages' destinations
  (fd.o #92074, Simon McVittie) (backported from 1.11.0)

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd.