Session bus vs system bus for an embedded system

Alan Martinovic alan.martinovic at senic.com
Thu Apr 19 09:26:05 UTC 2018

Great explanation which triggered multiple epiphanies, thanks :)

> A complete, working D-Bus setup consists of a central server process,
> the *message bus*, and some *clients* that connect to the central server.

Just to see if I got this right.
central server process = the *message bus* = dbus-daemon
And in the server part, on Linux, it's one implementation to rule them all
as opposed to a variety of client implementations you chose based on
the requirements?